Wednesday 22 July 2015

Peculiar gifts...

It's those moments of sitting in a sort of stunned silence. 
Moments of being  deeply humbled. Unable to do much but receive and accept the profound, peculiar gift that has been just been gently set in my hands. 
Moments that I am unable to comprehend in it's bigness, but only catch a glimpse of the sheer purity I have just beheld.

On a night of feeling inwardly defeated, physically tired, impatient and undeserving, while striving to be outwardly loving,  I am given too.

She calls my name in the midst of my going through the motions.
 Lipstick bright, liner thickly placed on  tired lids, slightly smudged.
 She looks up at me, I await her response of what she needs.  "Would you please hug me?" She asks with sweet, timid innocence. I smile responding to her outstretched arms.
She whispers in my ear " I'm not dirty, I promise I showered today." Tears gather wetting her eyes as she confides in close speech her sever pain and fear. Wanting me to know and sit with her in it in it.  Trust, unfiltered emotion, relationship, an open heart.


I stood with a feeling I can't put to writing, as a long time relationship expressed appreciation, care and trust for me  as he ran back to give a hug and say thank you. Such intentional eye contact catching me off guard.  Raw depth of sincerity and the genuine cloaking his words and demeanor.
Calm certainty, overwhelming love, that endearing smile.

I leave tonight armful of unexpected gifts, feeling rich, generously given to with a lavish love.












No comments:

Post a Comment