Friday 18 September 2015

The crushed in spirit...

That sweet young face 
         fear peeking through concrete eyes
       stubborn, tough
 she strives to present herself
     yet still a little girl
        Running from home
    sleeping outside
draped in vulnerability
crushed in spirit
chin tucked into neck
knees propped up
together they ask for money
hood slipped down over eyes
belongings strewn along the corner
cars zooming past merging onto the expressway
silent whispers of exhaustion
defeated, simply sad
honest desperation
 crushed in spirit
Her story clearly spoken
unprotected, violated, neglected
mind recounting details
reflections, realizations, thoughts
haunting memories
 crushed in spirit
I want to have answers I don't
I want to be in control I'm not
I want to fix  hurts and pains I am incapable
I want to have perfect solutions I fall short

"The Lord is close to the broken hearted, he rescues those who are crushed in spirit." 
Psalm 34:18










No comments:

Post a Comment