Tuesday 1 March 2016

When he cups my chin and says "welcome home"

" I will drop my longing for home when I see my father. Those I love will shout. Those I know will applaud. But the noise will stop when he cups my chin and says "welcome home."With scarred hands he will wipe away every tear from my eyes. And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."
Max Lucado 

Hope please rise in physical bodies
Promise please settle in weary hearts 
Truth please reveal in troubled minds
Beauty please captivate lost souls

Jesus please whisper into deaf ears
Jesus please clear blurred vision
Jesus please unclench fearful fists

You see, you know
The homeless
The afflicted
The scared
The abused 
The forgotten
The addicted
The sexually exploited
The lonely
The foreigners
The wandering

Your heart aches for the deep longing in each beloved one for home
You desire to cup each and every chin, and say "welcome home"
You yearn to touch each with scarred hands
To wipe away each tear from every eye
To beckon, and invite each precious child to dwell in your house forever


No comments:

Post a Comment