Wednesday 22 April 2015

Biblestudy Time.


Bible propped between the two of us, we took turns reading a line of scripture.

With each stanza her eyes would twinkle as she mused in a dreamlike fashion what God might be speaking.  She bashfully read word upon word confirming the fathers love and care for her. 
"You saw me before I was born." Psalm 139:16 she spoke stopping quickly, her eyes clouded over as the twinkle vanished. 
After pondering for a moment, she softly said, " if this is true, then he knew what my life would be like, and he still planned me to be born." 
A life of heart ache, struggle, pain and hurt.  Suddenly the loving God from a few moments ago, was a mean God who formed her with love, then put her into a painful life on purpose. 

This dear young woman has been having bible study and coffee with me for months. She hungers for Jesus, has countless questions and confusions, her heart is beyond soft towards him, she is familiar with his word, and has invited him to be her Lord and savior.... and yet she is consistently swayed with guilt, doubt, shame,destructive cycles, and an intense fear that she is beyond saving,not worth it, and will be sent to hell in the end. 

Please pray for her. She has such a desire to learn, grow, have understanding and peace in her walk with God. 

Please pray God would give me the  wisdom, truth, love and compassion I need as I spend time in friendship with her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment