Thursday 9 April 2015

Hidden Gems...

His dark eyes seemed to dance, he spoke gently with a pleasant french accent, as he introduced me. With a presence that seemed to soothe his drunken friend  he followed with kindness  the aimless pacing  back and forth beside the dumpster. I took in the scene captivated by what I was beholding. The banter between the two of them was endearing. The younger one patiently accepting the playful arm around his shoulder, the gesture similar to that of a father and son. The older one spoke to me through puffs of breath laced with the smell of alcohol , wanting me to know how special this friend was to him. I was touched by the friendship, the care the younger had for the older, trying to get him to eat solid food, and making sure he was warm enough for the cold night ahead. I felt I had discovered a gem in these two, with a backdrop of city lights, I left them sitting on new sleeping bags laughing together, enjoying their company, slightly spilling their soups. 


No comments:

Post a Comment