Tuesday 24 November 2015

Arms,kisses,words,eyes,presence...of Jesus.

Small slightly tucked forward
bent knees, little steps
fingers intertwined together
working to manage constant shaking
eyes drooped she searches faces
with cane clutched in one hand, cup in the other
she endures long days full of rejection,physical pain, and exhaustion
she offers her heart, unconditional friendship  
pouring words of extravagant delight and affirmation 
Her life is simple, profound and powerful
The light, the comfort, the love that expresses itself in pure frailty is beauty
difficult to process, a mystery to behold, forever pointing me to the face of Jesus
I have never left this woman without sensing
the arms of Jesus  somehow holding me
the kisses of Jesus  somehow upon my cheek
the words of Jesus somehow warming and overwhelming my heart
the eyes of Jesus  somehow looking at me declaring me beautiful and special
the presence of Jesus with me holding my hands on a subway ride

" This precious treasure- this Light and power that now shines within us- is held in a perishable container, that is in our weak bodies. Everyone can see that the glorious power within us must be from God and is not our own."
2 Corinthians 4:7







No comments:

Post a Comment