Monday 16 November 2015

He sees the oppression, the cries, the suffering...

"I have certainly seen the oppression of my people In Egypt
 I have heard their cries of distress yes, I am aware of their suffering
I have been watching closely
I am the Lord
I will free you from your oppression 
and rescue you from your slavery in Egypt
I will redeem you with a powerful arm
I will claim you as my own people, and I will be your God
Then you will know that I am the Lord
who has freed you from your oppression."
( pieces from Exodus)

I am comforted by the heart of God our father
it is timeless, consistent, faithful
his heart draws me to hope, to trust, to have faith

he sees the oppression of my friends on the street in Toronto
 trapped in the firm grips of addiction
bodies being used, mistreated, abused
tormented by mental illnesses
hearts wounded and torn up by grief
those forgotten, homeless, left alone
he hears their cries of distress, he is aware of their suffering
he watches closely
he is the Lord

I must cling to the father though my faith is weak and shallow
He longs to free my friends from their oppression
to rescue those in slavery of many kinds
to redeem with a powerful arm
 to claim each dear one as his own
 to show them he is the Lord




No comments:

Post a Comment