Sunday 20 December 2015

Christmas Love

I have been given significant gifts of relationship for Christmas this year 
gifts my heart doesn't quite know what to do with
how to comprehend, or even write down
how to receive and respond
to the moments of being so overwhelmed by the extravagant love of another

The sacredness...
 " I love you" being spoken 
cherished kisses on the cheek
eyes filling with tears
arms open to embracing
rich generosity of words
handmade gifts offering to me a story
belonging in such a precious community

I am so humbled by the huge capacity for love I see and experience on the street
people of great bravery who love through much pain and hardship

Please pray this Christmas for my dear friends.
Those who battle addictions, homelessness, abuse, 
prostitution, low self worth, trauma, painful realities, 
difficult memories and loneliness.

May they discover the gift and presence of Jesus Christ
and find themselves in community with others.
















No comments:

Post a Comment