Tuesday 25 August 2015

Heart cries

I find a seat on the loaded streetcar,
once mundane moment is interrupted.
Visible irritation, anxiousness, stress moving across his face, 
making for a pretty loud scene.
Bike on the floor, sleeping bag splayed out, 
heightened awareness of the glances pointed to him, and away from him.
Full garbage bags surround, 
a random  paint can releases an unbearable odor keeping all at bay.
He sits among belongings flustered and done,
with a long sigh he shares the grief of his morning. 
Leaning against the back of my seat starting a sorrowful rant of injustice.
We amble on.
Speech moves to a place of sharing his life long grief,
tears quietly collect, as his face turns away. 
"I just feel so alone".
...................................................................................................................................................................

We sit together as a small group on the corner of the sidewalk panning for change.
Each one engaging, authentic and beautifully open to friendship.
I spot a figure off to the side, keeping a safe distance. 
Physical posture of mistrust, fear, cowering in the corner, resisting eye contact.
We carry on, with the intention to leave alone desiring to be respectful.
The approach is one with timidity, pulling backpack off shoulders,
a seat is fashioned shuffling close beside me.
Chin resting upon folded arms, I am studied carefully, as I speak,
Barely hearing the whisper voice,  a little is shared while looking at feet.
Rejection, abandonment, strong fear of people.
Bits and pieces are heard, I strain to listen, themes were formed.
Pained conclusion,  small tear track moving down face,
briefly spoken
" I just want to be loved."









No comments:

Post a Comment