Thursday 13 August 2015

"Where the outcast weeps"



Lanky exterior, slight trip in his step,
 skeptical shifty eyes.
Eager readiness to unleash a slew of curses,
bitter sarcasm envelopes his being.
Startling anger, harsh mistrust, selfish manipulation.

My patience is scarce with this individual.
I have mentally labeled and placed him in a box within my mind.
As we interact I am anticipating most of his words, actions and behaviors.
I am correct on most accounts, pretty predicable. 

A story begins to tumble out in little spurts, 
between shifting and topic changes.
His words cut like a knife as I listen,
To his private horror story.

I am no longer looking at a difficult grown man,
I see a little scared boy who was exposed to 
unspeakable atrocities.
A shell of a person pent up more then I will know.

" A heart of stone becomes a heart of flesh, when you learn where the outcast weeps."
- Brennan Manning ( Abba's Child)








No comments:

Post a Comment