Wednesday 5 August 2015

She danced with her Jesus.

Illuminate our weekly art afternoon was finished, 
 the peaceful calm of the sanctuary drew me in. 
Wooden benches, stain glass windows, carvings in the wall, a simple cross. 
Carrying an essence of invitation to just be with God.
My fingers played gently on the white ivories of the grand piano.
I Marveled at the beautiful acoustics of the ancient picturesque surroundings.

With a craving for worship, I searched the keys for melodies and pretty sounds.
The gentle whirring of a wheelchair lifting her into the room caught my attention.
A dear friend draws near.

Gathers of perfect wrinkles around  sunshiny eyes, grey soft hair pulled up in a holder, 
an electric smile warming up any cold around her. 
Tiny frame tucked easily in her chair, a picture of contentedness she is.

And with her presence, a holy moment took place before my eyes.
She danced with her Jesus.

Thin arms outstretched, swaying with the music, 
fingers lacing through the air,
 wheelchair spinning in perfect timing through the aisles.

Her face aglow with a pure radiance. 
" I feel like water is pouring over me". 
She giggled with a sweet mystery, 
basking in the serenity of it all.
I can't take my eyes off of her.

The presence of Christ, so thick, so real, so immersed in the room. 
Deep love for Christ, all over her being.
Oh, it's captivating.

We relish the time, neither of us drawing to a close.
All we can do is behold him, sing to him, and just worship.

" Let us then approach his throne of grace with confidence"
Hebrews 4:16














No comments:

Post a Comment