Monday 27 October 2014

He is our refuge

" I know the Lord is always with me, I will not be shaken for he is right beside me"
" Show me your unfailing love in wonderful ways"
" I love you Lord, you are my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my rock, in whom I find my protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me and my place of safety."
"  Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me, all day long I put my hope in you."
" The Lord is my light and my salvation- so why should I be afraid?"
" He will hide me in his sanctuary
" My heart has heard you say, come and talk with me. My heart responds, Lord I am coming."

Such rich, beautiful truth in the psalms describing God. 
He is a God who walks with us, he is never far. 
He desires to reveal his love for us.
It is truly his strength we are invited to rely on, his identity we can count on, his protection and safety we can run too.
We can lean into this radical intimacy, of daily asking him to lead us, and looking to him above all else.
He really is the only hope, the source of light, and our true salvation.
He is refuge.
He is love.
He is life.
He is relentlessly beckoning us to walk with him, drawing us to himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment