Wednesday 22 October 2014

A special young woman...



           I knew who she was before looking up as she enters the van , her familiar squeeky little voice and gentle way with words make her absolutly irrisistable.

She has been sick for a number of weeks with a hacking cough. Unfortunetly with  this rainy, damp weather, and  her home being under the bridge her recovery is difficult.

She is so sweethearted and thankful for everything. She communicates well, and asks for help kindly.

She confides in me quietly some of the practical difficulties being a homeless young woman, and I am honored to be trusted.

As the van revs up communicating it's time for us to go, I am torn watching her leave. I cherish recieving the gentle hug, smile and goodnight from her.

I want to take her home, I want her to be pampered with a bubble bath, warm bed, and a space to be safe and comfortable. I want her to be doted on, cared for and delighted in.

She is worth so much more, she is a treasure, and she needs to know it, and experience it.

Please join me in praying for her and many others living on the streets. So many unique people, unhealthy situations, and difficult circumstances, that God would guide us in our relationships.

That we would be able to help them to get the assistance and support they need, to get off the streets.



No comments:

Post a Comment