Sunday 8 February 2015

Two Homes...


EVICTION NOTICE

You are hereby banished from
The House of Fear forever.
With malice aforethought, you have
Flagrantly withheld the monthly rent
Of guilt, anxiety, fear, shame
And self-condemnation.
You have adamantly refused to
Worry about your salvation.
Already I overheard one dismal tenant say,
“There goes the neighborhood!”
Your freedom from fear is not only
Dangerous but contagious.
Real estate values have plummeted;
Gullible investors are hard to find.
Why?
Your callous and carefree rejection
Of slavery!
A pox on you and
All deluded lovers of liberty!
-The Prince of Darkness 
( Ragamuffin Gospel)

I am a person who is all to familiar with visiting this home. Guilt makes sense to me, I am ready to be anxious,prone to fear, and well accustomed to shame. Self condemnation just seems to be a given. These things have often been my struggle, my showing up unwanted companion in life.
 Jesus Christ offers a very different home. 
God our father revealing real love through his son, putting on flesh and coming to walk with us on this earth is stunning. Him loving us enough to identify with us, unfathomable. His death and resurrection so that we may be set free and given hope in new life and relationship with our father, unbelievable.
 He is something beautiful, and we are his created handiwork.
His love is relentlessly unconditional. Available for the basking in. Hospitable in it's offering. Forgiving for the ugliness. And intimate in it's expression.
 He is our true home.
The crazy thought of being fully known, and fully loved regardless is such an undeserving gift. He sees my prone to wander away heart back to those places of bondage, struggle and hurt. Yet... he does not grow weary the way I do, frustrated in my failures as I do, or impatient in my stumbling as I do. 
I am thankful today for my father who never gives up on me,but takes me by the hand leading me deeper into his love, his heart, his truth, and his freedom.
I trust you when...
I am weak you are strong
 I am shaky you are steady
 I am struggling, you are not
 I am unsure, you are truth
I am confused, you are clarity
I am unlovely, you created me

Thank you. Help me to make you my home.









No comments:

Post a Comment